Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Just call me Professor Jaymaster

I HAVE PASSED!!!
I HAVE PASSED!!!
I HAVE PASSED!!!
I HAVE PASSED!!!
I HAVE PASSED!!!
I HAVE PASSED!!!

Yes – I got a letter yesterday saying that I "had met the course requirements for completing the Masters of Science in Health Economics and Health Policy." Hardly the most exciting of endorsements – but who cares! I rang the University today and was told I got 65% for my dissertation against a pass mark of 45%. So not bad – not hitting merit territory – but I always knew that! I should be getting the comments from my supervisor in the next couple of days, so I can see what he thought of it.

It is great to know that all of the work was worth it and I can now bin all those dusty piles of paper. I am glad I did the MSc, but may have thought twice if I had appreciated how much work was involved and the difficulties of juggling work and study with a home life.

I celebrated yesterday with a bottle of beer, which took me about an hour to drink. The hard core party days of old are behind me now! We will be at a wedding this weekend, so I'll hijack their celebrations to celebrate my good news.