Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dreaming

I have been having strange dreams the last few nights. On Tuesday night I dreamt that I was potholing under the hospital where I work with some (non-work) friends. We eventually came a cross some chasms that required us to trapeze across to the other side, which I found very scary. This led to a small underground kitchen with a serving hatch. The hatch was being assaulted by robins and owls, which I had to fight off with graters, rolling pins etc. Nobody else seemed very bothered about the avian assault. I don't know what to make of this?



Last night I dreamt that some of the people I am interviewing for my dissertation had dropped out. This is not surprising as I had some interviews to day and I can see how it was on my mind, but the dream was not as straightforward as receiving a telephone call or email. The potential interviewees called me into their office and where Peter Capaldi, (Malcolm from The Thick of It) explained how my interviews were a thinly veiled plot to undermine the local health economy and make the general public realise that resources could be spent more productively. This was unacceptable as there were already systems in place to prevent the public realising this and, therefore, all my interviews were cancelled.



Although very different, both dreams were very vivid and stuck with my once I woke up. I usually have forgotten my dreams by the time I stumble out of bed, so it is odd to remember these two.