Thursday, July 14, 2005

The (not so) Great Yorkshire Show

Today I was meant to be visiting delightful Harrogate for a legal seminar. I allowed a couple of hours, which is pretty standard, but ended up being an hour and a half late due to the diversions for the bloody Great Yorkshire Show. I ended up going through Knaresborough, getting lost and spending another half hour in gridlocked traffic.

I finally got there, parked the car and decided to get a quick shot of espresso to boost my energy levels. Not a great decision as I also managed to make a deep cut on my thumb, which started bleeding profusely. That wouldn’t be so bad, but I hadn’t noticed until I realised I had brushed blood over my shirt and trousers. I decided to take this as a sign to ignore the seminar, (as I was now 2 hours late and looked like I had been in a fight), and did some shopping instead. First stop was Gap for some new trousers, Habitat for sausage dog cups, and M&S for birthday presents. I did this in a whistle stop tour fashion and was soon back on the road for another three and half hour trip. What a great day!