Sunday, October 19, 2003

Wedding

The day after our friends wedding. I can honestly say I have never been to such a good wedding. My boyfriend and I were ushers, which involved a lot more than I had expected. Spent a great day meeting the bride and groom’s family and friends and catching up with other people I hadn’t seen for ages.

It was a fairly emotional occasion and lots of tears during the speeches – I even felt my eyes mist up and I not one for crying at this kind of event. The bride led the speeches and did a great job. She looked beautiful and seemed over the moon with her new husband. She is trying to bully us into having a ceremony, but I don’t think I would want to until there are proper legal partnerships to enter into.

The groom is Scottish so he and all the ushers were decked out in kilts. I have never worn one before, but loved it and we all looked really smart lined up together.

All in all it was a great day and I feel honoured to have played a part in their special day.