Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Sanders elbow

No surprise that DIY retailers are predicting record profits. me and my partner were at B&Q a couple of times this weekend buying tools etc for DIY. We sanded and painted window frames, filled floorboards, tried paint colours (actually my partner did most of it!). I woke up this morning with tennis elbow from all the chiselling, sanding and hammering. It is satisfying to see the improvements and know you have achieved them yourself, but it is tiring and time consuming. I think people are more ambitious about what they can achieve themselves rather than calling then professionals in, but it is a tricky balance between enjoying your free time and getting the work done. I think we will have a few more hours of work to do this week before the jobs are complete. Then it is onto planning the next batch of jobs!